Sunday, March 23, 2014

Singing a song that's Pink !

While the world debates over whether life is all black and white, or if it brings with it varying shades of grey, I am happy to be day dreaming about one that is splashed with pink hues this week. To be honest, it is not really just THIS week, I think pink is a colour that finds me favouring it on a regular basis ! :-)

Pink has so many associations to boast of, the memories of my mother's pink chiffon saree, the softest fabric I have ever touched, with sprays of white and pink flowers on it, bringing with it such a soothing effect in the scorching heat of May, linger on. 

The thought of baby pink that reminds you of Johnson's baby lotion and all things 'baby' along with it. The piggy bank you had as a child, your savings stashed away safely inside it. 

Pink that talks of the 'pink-orange' sky as the sun prepares to call it a day, the hues that change colour with every passing second. Pink that makes you dream of a field full of strawberries, of cherry blossoms and misty roses.

Pink that brings along with it memories of cotton candy that was sold outside the gates of your school, that would soften the withered and toughened face of the old man who would sell it.

Pink that makes you think of celebration, of subtle decor at a wedding, of pink pearls and pink champagne...:-)

The list is endless, and then there is of course the pink that adds its gentle beauty to the decor in your home...

The subtle pink carnations in that shy corner, puckering up to kiss the warm rays of the sun...


Or the pretty ones that add the feminine touch to the silver candle stand behind them...


Or the pink that breaks tradition, who says all elephants should be grey ? I think they were totally meant to be pink ! :-)


And the one battle for pink that is the toughest and almost impossible to win is this one below...specially when the colour palette for the better half is 'black-white-and blue', but...persist I shall ! :-)

Have a lovely week ahead ! Needless to say, hope it has a bit of pink in it too. I promise to be back here with more soon :-)

12 comments:

  1. Pink is also 'mera wala pink' since it has so many hues to pick and choose from. In fact , my old and loyal carpet wala came this morning with a few good pieces and I picked a deep rose colored one for my living room , a new shade but it is pink alright ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) How wonderful is that ! The delights of India, and these artisans who come home to sell beautiful things like shawls and rugs. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the pink carpet soon.

      Delete
  2. Karishma,you are such a good writer.In fact just 'good' isn't enough.It goes much beyond the over used mundane "good'.I have trying to read up all that you've been writing:-)....Your thoughts and expressions are like a breath of fresh air that kind of lingers on.Hope I don't sound too flamboyant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vandana, really means so much that you always take out time to patiently read my posts and leave a comment. It is a wonderful feeling to know you like what I write. Me happy happy :-)

      Delete
  3. OMG Karishma - i stumbled across your blog and am I glad I did! So inspiring! I read some of your other postings and a sense of peace came over me - have you ever heard that before?! If you don't mind, I have two questions for you:
    1. Why do you only post once a week when so many of us want more?
    2. are you a professional interior designer?
    Thank you for continuing to write AND taking the time to reply to our comments! All the best, Gayatri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Gayatri, thank you so much for such a lovely comment. It is such generous praise, and very overwhelming. So glad you relate to my blog. Encouraged to write more frequently, now that I know there is someone out there who enjoys my rambling :-) No, I am not a professional interior designer, in fact far from it. Just a novice at home styling, but very passionate about it. And I love sharing my experiences here, with like minded souls such as you. Promise to write more, but you need to promise to keep visiting the page, deal ? :-) Thank you once again Gayatri. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
    2. Thats a deal! Could I ask - the pretty pink elephants - what is that and where did you get it?

      Delete
    3. :-) That's a tea light holder. Picked it up from one of the curio shops at Janpath. One of the few treasures I could afford to carry abroad with me, how I detest the baggage restrictions that accompany international travel :-(

      Delete
  4. Such lovely images !!! I love PINK in all it's glory. This is such a wonderful post Karishma.......I've been toying with the idea of adding pink to my sunroom and I think your post just added fuel to the fire:) Have a wonderful day !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sruthi ! I am so sure your post with the pink vignette was in my subconscious as I wrote this one :-) Always a pleasure to get your comments here.

      Delete
  5. Good one on pink! The pink elephant gang is so cute :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love them too :-) Glad you enjoyed the post. How could a woman-blogger, blogging on home decor, not have a post on 'pink' after all :-D

      Delete